Welcome to Spring Into Fitness!
This campaign is compliments of your AWP Employee Assistance Program.
Over the next 6 weeks we’ll help you Spring into better health through exercise!
This is the first of 6 weekly posts you’ll receive to help motivate you to get moving, exercise, inspire you to challenge your notion of fitness, and help you develop a routine that you can stick with.
First Things First!
- Gradually ease into exercise if it has been a while since you’ve worked out.
- Talk to your doctor prior to beginning exercise if you have a chronic condition are being treated for a medical issue or if you have a former injury.
- Determine your fitness goals. Your reasons for exercising will help you figure out where to start.
- Choose an activity you will enjoy doing. This is critical for follow-through. If you don’t enjoy the workout, you may be less motivated to do it.
- Make sure you have the appropriate gear for your exercise of choice. The correct shoes, clothes and other necessary gear can ensure a safe workout.
- Develop an exercise schedule. Create a set plan by identifying what days, times and for how long you plan to exercise.
- Get to it! Once you’re prepared, it’s time to begin!
Not sure what you’d like to do for exercise? A well-rounded exercise routine consists of:
Cardio: Walking, jogging, swimming and dancing are all great examples.
Strength: Body weight exercises like push-ups, squats and lunges, free weights or weight machines at the gym will all give you a good strength workout.
Flexibility: Stretching, yoga and Pilates are examples of flexibility exercises.
Neuromotor: This type of exercise helps you develop coordination and balance. Tai chi and yoga are common neuromotor exercises.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Workers Assistance Program, Inc