It’s the second week of Spring into Fitness! We hope you found an activity you enjoy and started doing it.
Sometimes life can get in the way of our health and wellness goals. It is common for exercise to fall by the wayside when other things come up.
This week, we’ll focus on tips to help you fit fitness into your schedule!
Find Time to Exercise
A busy schedule can derail exercise attempts. Make time to work out with these tips:
- Schedule it! Plan ahead and allocate a specific block of time to exercise just as you would a meeting or appointment.
- Wake up earlier. A morning workout is a great way to start your day refreshed and energized.
- Try quick workouts. There are many workouts available that can help you exercise in a short amount of time. Two of our favorites are the 7 Minute Workout and Tabata Training.
- Squeeze activity in where you can. Get to work 10 minutes early and take a stroll around the parking lot. When out and about, park farther away from your destination to get more steps.
Working Out at Work
Break up the monotony of sitting all day at work with a little physical activity. Try these ideas!
- Use your lunch break. Go for a brisk walk for 10 or 15 minutes during lunch.
- Stand up and shake off. Set a reminder each hour to get up and move around for a few minutes.
- Go the distance. Use the bathroom, break room or printer that is the farthest away from your desk.
- Get up to relay messages. Rather than emailing or calling your coworkers, walk over to them to chat about a project.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Workers Assistance Program, Inc