Disney Fun Facts:
- Walt and Roy Disney formed Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio in 1923. In 1926, the name was changed to Walt Disney Studio.
- “Mortimer Mouse” was the original name of Micky Mouse before Walt Disney’s wife, Lillian, convinced him to change it.
- The first animated film to star Mickey Mouse appeared in 1928 at the Colony Theatre in New York.
- The First Disneyland admission Ticket Ever Sold was purchased for US$1 in 1955.
- Covering nearly 40 square miles, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida is about the size of San Francisco or two Manhattan islands.
- Walt Disney borrowed most of the US$1.5 Million needed to make Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It took 3 years to complete and became the highest-grossing sound film of its time.
- Every year, Walt Disney World’s “Lost and Found” collects more than 6,000 cell phones, 3,500 digital cameras, and 18,000 hats.
- The production of Disney’s film Tangled was more expensive than Avatar’s production.
- When Disney released “Princess and the Frog” in 2009, 50 children in the U.S. were hospitalized with salmonella from kissing frogs
- Doritos was originally born from the tortillas leftovers at Disneyland.
- Disney has credited their coffee guy in 8 of their films, including Zootopia and Frozen.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2017 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.