This vegetarian pasta recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables – sweet spring onions, tangy cherry tomatoes and plenty of baby spinach. Goat cheese medallions are coated with panko and lightly crisped under the broiler, making this a restaurant-worthy yet super-simple and impressive weeknight dinner.
Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 1.75 cups
- 8 ounces whole-wheat bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons panko-style breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 spring onion bulbs, halved and thinly sliced, or 2 cups thinly sliced small onions
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile combine dill and panko in a small bowl. Divide goat cheese into 4 portions; shape each into a 1-inch-wide disk. Coat the disks in the panko, lightly patting the mixture onto the cheese to help it stick. Place on the prepared baking sheet and lightly coat the tops with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper; cook until the tomatoes release their juice, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved 1/2-cup water, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in spinach and the pasta; remove from heat.
- Broil the goat cheese rounds, watching closely, until light brown and crispy on top, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve each portion of pasta topped with a goat cheese medallion.
- Calories 387
- Carbohydrates 53 g
- Dietary fiber 8 g
- Fat 15 g
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Mono Fat 7 g
- Protein 17 g
- Cholesterol 13 mg
- Sodium 452 mg
- Sugars 6 g
- Potassium 739 mg
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2017 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.