… not that you need more reasons to eat avocados.
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/2 lemon
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
for Chicken Salad
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2/3 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tsp. finely chopped dill
for Shrimp Salad
- 1/2 c. cooked shrimp, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
for Breakfast Filling
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced chives
- Scoop out avocados, leaving a small border. Squeeze halved avocados with lemon and season with salt and pepper. Dice avocado and set aside.
- For chicken salad: In medium bowl, combine greek yogurt and red wine vinegar. Whisk to combine. Add chicken, celery, dill, and reserved avocado. Toss until all ingredients are coated in dressing and season with salt and pepper. Divide between two avocado halves. Serve.
- For shrimp salad: in a medium bowl, combine shrimp, pepper, corn, lemon juice, cilantro, and reserved avocado. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Divide between two avocado halves. Serve.
- For breakfast filling: in a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add eggs, bacon, and cheese to skillet. Scramble until cheese is melted and eggs are scrambled to your desired texture. Remove from heat and stir in reserved avocados. Spoon eggs into avocado halves, season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives. Serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.