12 Days of Holiday Safety
- Never use lighted candles near trees or boughs.
- Keep poisonous plants out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep trees away from fireplaces, radiators and other heat sources.
- Make sure your tree has a stable platform.
- Choose an artificial tree that is labeled fire resistant.
- I using a natural tree, make sure it is well watered.
- Check holiday lights for fraying, bare spots, gaps in the insulation or excessive kinking in the wire.
- Turn off all tree lights and decorations when not in use.
- When putting up decorations, use a step stool or ladder to reach high places.
- Designate a sober driver.
- When preparing a meal, wash hands, utensils, sink and anything else that touches raw meat.
- Reheat leftovers to a least 165 degrees Farenheit.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.