Serve these hot with applesauce, fat-free or light sour cream, and chopped green onions if desired.
- 2 cups peeled and shredded Russet potatoes, firmly packed (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup grated or finely chopped onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2-3 tablespoons low sodium matzo meal, a little less than 1 matzo, processed into fine crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons canola oil
- Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth or double thickness of paper towels and wring to extract as much water out of the potatoes as possible.
- In medium bowl, stir the potatoes, onion, egg, egg substitute, and matzo meal and salt together well.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot. Make sure the oil is spread evenly over the bottom of the skillet. Place 1/4 cup (level measure) of potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties. Spray tops with canola cooking spray. Brown on one side about 3 minutes, turn over and brown the other side (about 3 minutes).
- Serve these hot with applesauce, fat-free or light sour cream, and chopped green onions.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.