If you’re looking for a vegetarian source of protein, quinoas gotchu.
- 1/2 c. quinoa
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- kosher salt
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 can low-sodium chickpeas
- 2 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed pot. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, broth, and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and cooked quinoa. Serve topped with parsley, if desired.
Time: 25 minutes | Prep Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings | Calories 412
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.