These make-ahead mashed potatoes are perfect for potato lovers who are craving something sweet.
- 3 lb. small sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 c. pecans, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 3 tsp. roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 425°F. Prick sweet potatoes with fork and place on plate. Microwave on High 6 minutes; turn each potato over and cook until soft, 6 minutes more. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, on rimmed baking sheet, toss pecans with oil, then Parmesan, cayenne, 2 teaspoons rosemary and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Roast until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Toss with remaining teaspoon of rosemary.
- Peel potatoes and mash with maple syrup and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt until smooth. Transfer to serving dish and top with pecans.
- The dish can be refrigerated for up to two days in advance. To serve, microwave potatoes just until heated through. Warm pecans in 400°F oven. Transfer potatoes to serving dish and top with pecans.
Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 servings | Calories 280 | Fat 18g | Protein 5g | Dietary Fiber 5g
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.