This comforting concoction is packed with onions, garlic, and ginger to help boost immune systems, and it’s loaded with veggies for extra nutrients—plus it’s as flavorful and cozy as dinners come. To make it a complete meal, use a bean-based pasta to provide protein and fiber.”
- 4 servings of your favorite pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 5 stalks celery, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, leek, garlic, and ginger, and sauté for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, carrots, celery, and dill, and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 15–20 minutes, until the carrots and celery are tender. Add the cooked pasta to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Makes: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from The Colorful Family Table: Seasonal Plant-Based Recipes for the Whole Family by Ilene Godofsky Moreno, copyright ©2019. Published by BenBella Books, Inc.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.