If you were to make a list of “fun facts about me,” what would you include?
How to Come Up with Interesting Facts About Yourself
- Think about your childhood and any interesting, unusual, or relevant events or situations.
- Consider your family and any unique characters or funny stories about them.
- What about your talents and skills? What do you do that others will find compelling?
- Remember places you’ve traveled and memorable experiences you’ve had on your journies.
- How about movies, books, news items, or podcasts that have impacted you?
- Consider the different jobs or careers you’ve had and the experiences with them that have shaped you.
Fun Facts about Yourself to Tell Others
- “One of my favorite things to do is…. “
- “Right now, I’m reading about….”
- “If I could have any superpower, it would be….”
- “One thing I know I do well (or better than most) is….”
- “I look up to….”
- “One thing I cannot live without is….”
- “Something I’d love to get rich by doing full-time is….”
- “The people I grew up with influenced me by….”
- “I would love to meet (and even have lunch with)….”
- “One struggle I’ve had that has made me who I am is….”
- “My perfect day would start with _____ and end with _____.”
- “If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be….”
- “One thing on my bucket list is….”
- “My best friend is my best friend because….”
- “An accomplishment I’m particularly proud of is….”
- “One very memorable summer, I….”
- “One thing I use every day that I could probably live without is….”
- “The most embarrassing thing that happened to me at work was….”
- “I volunteer at….” or “If I were to volunteer, it would be for….”
- “My favorite comfort food is….”
- “I’d most like to be remembered for….”
- “If I won the lottery, the first thing I’d buy would be….”
- “If I could make anything happen for someone, I would….”
- “If I could keep any animal as a pet, I would choose…”
- “If I could win a lifetime supply of one type of clothing, it would be…”
- “If I had to eat one type of food for the rest of my life, it would be…”
- “My dream home would be…”
- “If I had to be trapped in a movie or a video game for a day, it would be…”
- “My favorite type of art is… because….”
Funny Fun Facts about Yourself
If you’re looking for some funny things to tell about yourself — things that don’t make you look too weird or crazy — we’ve got you covered.
- “My most embarrassing moment was…”
- “I know it’s crazy, but I love to eat…”
- “When I was growing up, my parents made me…”
- “As a kid, I once did this really stupid thing, and it was…”
- “I can’t stand it when. . .”
- “Before I started my career, would you believe I was a…”
- “Have I told you about my crazy Uncle Joe?”
Good Secrets to Tell about Yourself
Perhaps the funny things above are secrets that you haven’t spilled before, but we all have secret longings, fears, and dreams as well.
- “Instead of the job I have, I’ve always dreamed of being. . .”
- “Not many people know this about me, but when I was younger, I…”
- “One thing I’m very afraid of is…”
- “When I was a teenager, I never told my parents that I…”
- “If I had to do it all over again, I probably wouldn’t…”
Share some fun facts about yourself.
- So, now that you’re armed with 41 examples of fun facts about yourself, which ones appeal to you the most?
- Did any get you thinking about how to generate even more fun facts you can share with others?
The folks worth hanging out with will appreciate your authenticity and look forward to learning more about you. Wherever you go, any of these prompts can serve as a conversation starter. And a fun conversation can lead to friendships, job opportunities, and other adventures.
May you have them all in abundance.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.