- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Heat oven to 350 F. Coat 6 (6-ounce) custard cups with cooking spray.
- Separate eggs and place whites in a mixing bowl; place egg yolks in a separate mixing bowl.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and salt.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar; beat until sugar is completely dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Using a whisk, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar until well-blended; add milk, lemon juice, flour, lemon peel and butter.
- Mix until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture until just combined.
- Place 1/2 cup of the mixture into each custard cup.
- Set custard cups in a 13-by-9-inch baking pan; place in the oven.
- Fill baking pan with boiling water until water reaches halfway up the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until pudding tops are golden and firm.
- Remove from oven and baking pan and cool custard cups on a wire rack.
As this dessert bakes, a cake layer will form on the top with a creamy pudding layer underneath.
Makes: 6 servings (1 cake each) | Calories 174 | Fat 4g | Protein 4g | Dietary Fiber 2g
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.