- 1 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cut into 6 pieces
- 3/4 cup low-fat whipped topping
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
- While the grill is heating up, make the sauce. In a saucepan, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon. Cook on medium heat until the mixture just starts to boil, about 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.
- Place the angel food cake toward the edge of the grill rack where there is less heat or on the broiler pan. Grill or broil until each side turns brown, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Place the angel food cake on individual plates. Top each piece with 1/4 cup of the strawberry-rhubarb sauce and 2 tablespoons of the whipped topping. Serve immediately.
If you’re using the grill for dinner, grill the angel food cake after you finish your meal. Or, if you prefer, broil the angel food cake until it browns.
Makes: 6 servings (1 slice with topping) | Calories 169 | Fat 1g | Protein 2g | Dietary Fiber 1g
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.