Cream Cheese Cookies
These cream cheese cookies are so light and delicious, They’re super simple to make, and it’s easy to eat more than one!
Keyword: Cream Cheese Cookies
Servings: 48 cookies
Calories: 44 kcal
- 3 Cream Cheese
- 1/2cup shortening you can also substitute butter in the same amount, but I’ve always used shortening.
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1egg yolk
- 1cup sifted flour
- 1/4 kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- colored sprinkling sugar if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixer, cream together cream cheese and shortening.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, flour, salt, and vanilla and thoroughly combine.
- Drop by level teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with colored sugars to decorate before placing into the oven.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
In order to get the amount of cookies described in this recipe, you MUST use a level TEASPOON. They’re small, but we really like the size.