Here is a quick pickles recipe using snowball turnips, radishes, and Vidalia spring onions. Add them to snack boards or salads for a perfect crunchy bite or as a colorful garnish for sandwiches.
- 1 bunch of turnips
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 Vidalia spring onion
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- Red pepper flakes to taste
For the brine …
- Heat the vinegar, one cup of water, and kosher salt in a small saucepan, stirring until salt is fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Wash, stem and quarter the radishes and turnips.
- Wash and thinly slice the Vidalia spring onions. Separate into rings.
- Divide the pickling spice and red pepper flakes in two wide-mouth, pint jars or glassworking jars with lids.
- Arrange the turnips, radishes, and onion in each container.
- Equally distribute the brine.
- Cover and put in the fridge. Quick pickles are ready between 3-5 days.
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2021 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.