SERVES: 6 PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 40 min CALORIES: 670
Taco soup! Like making tacos for dinner, but easier.
Taco (Soup) Night!
What’s easier than taco night? Taco SOUP night! Rather than fussing around with warming tortillas in one pan, and seasoned beef sizzling in another, we’ve taken the ease of taco night and made it even better by soupifying it! Taco soup means you only need one pot, which means fast clean-up. Plus, this easy taco soup recipe is a great way to enjoy your favorite Mexican flavors. As healthy as it is fast, this richly flavorful beef taco soup is exactly what we need in our lives this time of year.
3 Reasons This Taco Soup is So Very, Very Easy:
Can you open a can? Do you have a freezer and a stock pot? Then you can make taco soup. Full of warm spices, savory vegetables, beans and beef, it’s filling and comforting! It also requires very minimal effort. For this simple taco soup recipe, you’re going to let three things do most of the work for you:
- Your freezer.Frozen food gets a bad rap, but we’re here to tell you that not only is frozen corn OK to use, it’s a really great thing to have on-hand. High-quality frozen veggies are usually frozen right at the peak of freshness, and so they offer a wonderful burst of fresh summery flavor (plus vitamins and minerals!) even in the dead of winter.
- Your pantry. This soup is essentially the contents of a bunch of cans, dumped in a pot and simmered together. Because sometimes, you just need dinner to be THAT easy.
- Taco seasoning.Remember how we told you to make a huge batch and keep it on hand? You took our advice, right? P.S. homemade taco seasoning makes excellent Christmas gifts.
The Best Taco Soup Begins with the Best Ingredients
With so few ingredients, and most of them things that you probably already have in your cupboards, this soup almost (almost) makes itself! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground beef.
- Cans! Diced tomatoes, green chilis, black beans.
- Homemade taco seasoning.
- Frozen corn. We talked about this one already, but to reiterate: frozen food can be a wonderful thing! No shame in it, friends!
- Bell peppers! We like to use one red bell pepper and one green for a cheery pop of color. But the main reason the peppers are here is to add a crunchy zing of freshness to an otherwise-pantry dependent soup, so any bell pepper will do.
How to Make Taco Soup
Whether you’re a total novice or a seasoned kitchen pro, this fool-proof, this taco soup recipe is sure to be a new favorite. It comes together quickly, with minimal effort, and it’s just so deliciously easy to love. What can we say? It’s the best. Here’s how to make it:
- Brown the beef and onions.
- Open all your cans!
- Dump the contents of the cans into the pot, along with the corn, spices, veggies and stock.
- Simmer! Let all of those Mexican-inspired flavors meld.
- Garnish! Ladle yourself a big, spicy, beefy bowl of taco soup, and doctor it up however you’d like to! We love a big dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cheese, and—when we’re feeling really lush—some avocado.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Stock pot.
- Can opener.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1Onion, diced
- 14 oz can green chilies, mild
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 128 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 214 oz cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup Frozen corn
- 1Green bell pepper, diced
- 1Red bell pepper, diced
Taco Soup Toppings
- Sour cream
- Green onions
Here for you as life happens …
To access your AWP EAP services, call 1-800-343-3822. Your EAP is here to help with family, work, health and legal issues. EAP Services are provided at no cost and are 100% confidential.
Alliance Work Partners is a professional service of Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Workers Assistance Program, Inc.